Monday, June 1, 2015

HAND MADE WITH LOVE

Meanwhile Back in my Studio

Home again here in the beautiful Blue Mountains on the first day of Winter. I was woken by the thuds of a neighbour splitting wood so got up stoked the fire and finished another hat for my shop "Omnia a little bit of everywhere".


My mission at the moment is to finish off all unfinished projects in my studio so I can move onto some new designs that are rattling away in my brain.
Last week I finished this hat which I re blocked from an old wool felt hat and turned into a cloche. 
I put it in my shop and it only lasted 24 hours when it was bought by a woman with lovely long blonde hair. 







My hats are all hand made and hand stitched using all the traditional techniques I was taught many years ago.
The hat I finished today was re blocked from an old 1950's beret style hat into my favourite 60's style hat then after wiring the edge and binding it I trimmed it with this 1940's grograin ribbon from the 1940's. I have been saving this piece of ribbon for the right hat and this was the one. The wooden bucle was recycled from an old hand bag from the 1970's. Voila!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment